Chris Harshman is a detail-oriented litigator and able advisor to technology and other businesses.
Chris came of age running a college computer network in the age of Napster, graduating from the innovative Johnston Center for Integrative Studies at the University of Redlands with an emphasis in Information Systems and Media Production. He stepped from there into a waiting position at Sony Pictures Digital Entertainment (SPDE), before following the advice of several SPDE lawyers and enrolling in law school.
In law school, Chris excelled in, among other topics, copyright law, trademark law, computer law, mass media law, advertising law, and privacy law. While in law school, Chris took a position working on Internet legal matters at the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA), from which he was seconded to work on a large copyright litigation campaign at Loeb & Loeb LLP.
From there, Chris served as General Counsel and Vice President, Engineering, at Exposure Manager, an e-Commerce platform for professional photographers, where he guided the business and legal affairs of that rapidly growing company. During his tenure, Exposure Manager broadened its platform to provide white-labeled services for the Miss Universe organization.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (including the Academy Awards), and Shutterbug Magazine. Chris was instrumental in putting together those deals.
Chris then became a litigator, as a sole practitioner, an attorney of counsel to boutique firms including Lovitz IP Law, and as a litigation partner at Bowen Hayes & Kreisberg’s Los Angeles office, prior to joining Shaby & Associates.
Since joining Shaby & Associates, Chris has successfully handled various litigation matters involving complicated Real Estate disputes, Aircraft fatality cases, Part 13 & Part 16 Actions and State and Federal Court cases to protect the rights of Airport Tenants and users.
Chris Harshman is a detail-oriented litigator.
- Southwestern University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Redlands, Johnston Center, B.A.
- Emphasis: Information Systems and Media Production
Admitted to Practice
- Supreme Court of the State of California
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
Recognition & Affiliation
- Tau Beta Pi (Computer Science)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Computer Law
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Trademark Law
- Private Pilot (ASEL), Instrument Rating
- Endorsed for High Performance and Complex Airplanes
- SCUBA – PADI Certified Advanced Open Water
- Sailing – Red Cross and ASA Certified, Keelboat
- Oracle Certified Professional Java Programmer